I am hosting my first Stella & Dot and ThirtyOne Bag party this month!
I have been in love with the Stella and Dot pieces for some time now and the Summer line is gorgeous!
I was just recently introduced to ThirtyOne last year by my friend, Alex. I bought the large utility tote and the small travel tote. We keep the large tote in the car for all our family must haves (shoes, snacks, diapers, towels, etc) It holds everything and is super durable. The smaller tote is great for traveling when you dont want to bring a purse and a small travel bag. It does it all.
Okay, enough about how much I love them!
There are some amazingly priced items in both catalogs!
I appreciate any and all of your support on my first party. Please feel free to share the links and let me know if you have any questions!
Stella and Dot:
Thank you and Happy Shopping!
My sweet Poppy will be one on Sunday. I cannot believe it. Where did this year go? It was the longest but shortest year of my/our lives. I do not remember what life was like before her. She has completed me. She has completed us as a family. So as a way to honor her, I will post a picture of Poppy every day. Call me crazy or just call me a Mom who loves every ounce of their child. I don’t care. Welcome to Pop Week 2014!
Day 1: Where it all started. The moment they put her on my chest; I lost it. Ugly tears galore. It was such a surreal and pure moment. It was beautiful. It was you all along in my belly, sweet girl. So thankful she chose us.
1. Concerts in The Park: Ceaser Chavez Park. 6pm. Tonight!
Burn Halo | Some Fear None | Alex Vincent Band | FUDI | Sleep Rockers
2. Bike Drive In: May 17th. Parking Garage on 20th between K and L Streets. 6pm. Movie is Dazed and Confused. Co-presented by LowBrau and Ruhstaller, who will be offering brews and eats for purchase throughout the evening, the event also features ’70s rock tunes spun by DJ Shaun Slaughter and a live performance of songs from the Dazed soundtrack.
3. Chocolate Fish East Sac: Coffee Tasting Class. May 17th. 9-10am
4749 Folsom Blvd. Call to sign up!
4. Sacramento Republic VS. LA Galaxy! Hughs Stadium. May 17th. 7:30pm. Admission is $6-$30
5. Pacific Rim Street Fest: May 18th. 10am-5pm. FREE
Food, entertainment, arts & crafts, and community booths in honor of Frank Fat at 22nd annual festival!
What do YOU have planned?
I dont know how many times I have had to reschedule, cancel or just plain not go somewhere because of Poppy’s schedule. I never realized how hard it was just to get out of the house, on time. One minute the bag is packed, clothes are on; 2 minutes later I smell the stench coming from her diaper and oh wait, she threw everything out of her bag. Life!
We have small windows of escaping the house. Before 10am and after lunch. After that, I cannot guarantee that I will not have a 25 pound wild monster in tow.
I noticed this article circulating the social media markets yesterday and finally clicked the link. Wow. It could not have been more spot on. I wish more of my friends sans kids would read it and really get it.
Here are a few things I would like to add to the discussion:
1. Going out at night equals struggling to find a sitter which means $$$. Dinner may be $50 but add another $50 and well, that’s a pricey night, folks.
2. I like family time at night. I like being at home with my little family. It’s comforting. It’s fun. We take walks, make dinner and I can wear sweats. If you want to see me/us, come over. We will cook YOU dinner!
3. Going anywhere past 4pm is similar to playing Russian roulette. We may have an angel baby, we may experience a meltdown or worse we may have a blow out. Two outta three are that bad. Trust me.
4. Hanging out with people who don’t have kids is fun but unless you are cool with a semi demon baby; it gets old… fast. Play dates, BBQs and just a general get together with people who have kids is so much easier. The monsters entertain themselves. No need for hands on control. They play. We play. The end.
5. The article is right. The free time I have is ME time. I run to Target, get a mani/pedi (ugh, sometimes I have to wait weeks people!), grocery shop, gym, etc. I need that time. To myself. I deserve the right to be selfish for crying out loud. Just for an hour. Give me a break!
Sorry friends. I love you all. I hope you understand.
Aren’t Fridays the best? I love waking up knowing we have two free play days together as a family. This weekend is a tad different as its Mother’s Day but that is what makes this one so special.
1. Mother’s Day is hard for me. I feel VERY blessed to finally be a Mom and now have a MIL but I still miss my Mom. It never gets easier. I still cry, often. I would do anything to have her here. Be thankful if your Mom is still with you. Pick up her calls and always say I love you.
2. Work. Gah! Work has been so wild lately. I often wonder how full time in office working Moms do it. The work load at home is always there. Dinner still needs to be cooked. Chores, Bills, Appointments, Cleaning, Family, Friends….sometimes I feel like a hamster on a wheel.
3. Opportunities. I feel so very lucky to be a part of some pretty amazing things right now. I wish I could openly share. In due time, I will. My creative and writing side is finally being appreciated and coming to life.
4. Friends. That call you on your shit. That let you be you and don’t judge. That are real. That you can call/text at any time of the day or night. Some may not like that kind of friendship but I will take that over rose covered glasses friends, any day. (My Nana loves that term! Had to use it!)
5. Marriage. Its real, kids. It’s different from BF/GF status. It’s official. You work things out. You talk. You argue. You LOVE. Harder and stronger than ever before. It’s amazing. 2 weeks today, my sweet love.
PS: This song is for my girl, Michelle. Thank you for pressing refresh 8000 times and scoring all of us tickets to the Queen Bee, Beyonce and Jay Z concert. I cannot tell you how excited and thankful I am. Let’s dance our faces off!